Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Color Matching & a Start to the 1st Ladies

In my Intro to Illustration class we warmed up the class my practicing our skills at color matching. We took a collage that we made out of old magazine tear-outs and tried to exactly replicate that collage through acrylic paint. Can you tell which one is which?


And then, with the other collages we made, we are to turn those into color palettes for three portraits. If you aren't a long-time reader of my blog, you should check out my presidential series (http://www.behance.net/gallery/Drawing-Media-The-Presidental-Rut/4918695). Spring boarding from that concentration, my three portraits are going to be of powerful 1st Ladies: Martha Washington, Abigail Adams, and Eleanor Roosevelt. Here are some initial sketches we critiqued today. This weekend we hit the color palettes and start to bring these portraits to life. 











No comments:

Post a Comment