Friday, February 3, 2012

A Failed Attempt, A Learned Lesson

With the class constructive criticism in my back pocket, I set off for the design building to start my final collage. But after working on it for over three hours, I took a step back and wasn't happy with what I saw. Looking back on my previous collages, I thought that the pasting in of the labels within the appliances was a bit much. With this collage, I thought focusing on just the ceiling and floor would create more of a narrow visual field. However, my thoughts were a titch off. 

When I stepped back, all I could look at was the amazingly bright colors that all the brands created. This brilliant color scheme was great but it took away from my focus of the entire composition. I felt it was a project that could have been assigned to a fifth grade art class. I am a freshmen design student at the University of Kansas not a ten year old Justin Beiber enthusiast; yep, I needed to go back to the drawing board. 



No comments:

Post a Comment