Friday, February 3, 2012

Taking Criticism, Leaving with Inspiration

After creating the five smaller collages, we were to take those concepts, conceptualize them into a more holistic approach, and then create two bigger, more detailed collages to help get us closer to the final project. 

In class, we pinned these two collages up and discussed them as a class. The critique on my collages was honest and very diversified. Some of my peers believed that the kitchen fragmentation was distracting, others liked the artistic approach. Some liked the idea that I had pasted in brands within the context of the appliances, some didn't even notice. But with all critiques, you have to take those suggestions, evaluate them, figure out your next moves, and then push forward. So that's what I did. The small chicken-scratch on the zoomed photographs are my thoughts on the various suggestions of the class.

Collage 1



Collage 2



No comments:

Post a Comment