Tuesday, August 27, 2013

SUMMER UPDATE: KU ATHLETICS

This summer, I've had the opportunity to intern with the communications department of Kansas Athletics at Allen Fieldhouse. Working with their graphic designer as well as sports writers and marketing reps, I've gotten the opportunity to work on some pretty cool projects.

Twitter/Facebook Graphics:
I redesigned the graphics for the Facebook & Twitter accounts (Volleyball Twitter Account) of all the KU sports (minus men's basketball & football).

Baseball - Facebook
Soccer - Facebook 
Volleyball - Facebook

I also helped design some football ticket ads that will be printed in the Kansas City Star, the Lawrence Journal World, and the Topeka Journal World in the upcoming months (there are a lot more than just these two but I thought I'd just give you a taste of each project).

Sims Ad - KC Star

Heeney Ad - LJ World
I also redesigned the rowing walk-on recruitment guide:

1st Page
2nd Page
3rd Page
4th Page

I also helped make a timeline for the women's basketball team as well as create logos Rock Chalk Recycle:
WBB Timeline

RCR - Logo 1

RCR - Logo 2

RCR - Logo 3
I also worked on designing "sliders" for the Kansas Athletics website, simply put, they're quick advertisements for various sports that flash across the screen when you first get to the homepage.





More summer projects to come (including the SUA Calendar), just wrapped up the first two days of classes. Junior year's going to be a great one.