Wednesday, August 28, 2013

SUMMER UPDATE: EAST WEST RIVERFEST

If you've been following my blog for a while, you know that I submitted a design for the East West Riverfest poster contest back in April. East West Riverfest is a two week long festival around the Quad Cities, my hometown. In May, I received great news, I had won the contest! This summer, I got the chance to attend the East West Riverfest's press conference, featuring my poster design! It was a really cool opportunity to meet the important people who headed this event as well as see my poster is print. My designs were also turned into a brand for the event (they used my vectors throughout their catalog) which was a neat application as well.

Final poster design - 300 events at over 60 venues, that's a crazy big event

Receiving recognition from the event's head coordinator (my poster's in the background)