Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Tear Down This Wall // Rough Sketch 10

It's still pretty rough, but it's getting there. Slowly.

I made some big changes this time around. A big one being separating this movie from the book spreads. I was getting in a rut and letting the constraints of text on a piece of paper hold me back. I worked to output a bigger emotional value in the ending sentence as well as the speech as a whole.

I incorporated more color (still have a limited color palette of red, white, and black) in ways that would enhance the message of Reagan's speech and alude to the Communist party. Look at it now, though, I'm realizing I've got a whole range of different red hues (need to narrow that down to one CMYK value). I also further dramatized the ending "wall" statement, making it bigger, bolder, and filled with destruction.




No comments:

Post a Comment