Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Illustrating Dentophobia

An update on illustration: Phobias. More specifically, dentophobia, the fear of the dentist. To catapult this idea into a full blown illustration required a lot of research (aka looking up pictures of elephants, hippos, and sharks and taking selfies of sad expressions and figuring out how to mesh those together) and a lot of compositional sketches. In keeping with the humorous side of things, I'll post some research photos, some sad selfies, and lots and lots of sketches. Moving into final draft this weekend, final sketch composition and quick color study are included in this lot as well.






















2 comments:

  1. Oh Katie! You don't know how much I HATE the dentist--always have since I was 12 years old. I ask for nitrous oxide when I get my teeth cleaned!! Your illustrations gave me a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad they gave you a good laugh. Just wait until the final composition! More laughs are definitely in store there.

    ReplyDelete