Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wrapping Up Mo's

Hello again everyone. As many of you will be glad to hear, the moose/Mo's project has been wrapped up! Last Thursday, the elephant of a project was turned in. What a relief! And just so you know what you're looking at, here is a quick run through of our turn in check sheet:

1. 28" x 30" poster of a 16 square grid highlighting the best of the best in the moose collection
2. The final logo (6" x 6" mounted)
3. Business Cards
4. Menu
5. At least two applications (to be uploaded once I get a chance to photograph them)
6. Process Book

And before you scroll, as I always do with my project wrap ups, I jot a couple of life lessons that's I've concluded thanks to this project.

1. This is just the beginning. We are beginners. And because you're a novice, you're going to have to work twice as hard to achieve the goal you set in your head. It's a constant battle (http://vimeo.com/24715531 this video articulates this struggle so well)

2. Printing is expensive. Very expensive.

3. Expect mistakes. They're inevitable. There is so much that can go wrong in trying to do something right. It's usually easier if you just accept it and battle it back.

4. Hot coffee can burn you pretty badly (I stayed up much too late one night, was brewing a pot of coffee and spilled it all over my hand, that was a nasty burn blister)

5. Never settle. It's a phrase I've grown up my entire life hearing but as I grow up and start to figure this world out on my own, it's becoming more and more apparent just how right my parents were. It's a tough world. Things aren't going to go your way all the time. But keep trying. Keep doing what you love. Set a goal, focus on it and don't stop until you're there. In the words of Tad Carpenter, embrace failure. Fight like hell to succeed.

And with that, Mo's food truck and branding everyone:





No comments:

Post a Comment