Sunday, February 26, 2012

Finding Duality Among the Structure of a Chair

Continuing on the ideas in the last post, I began to explore the idea of long, slender cylinders attached together to make a strong yet delicate structure. I really liked the idea of duality with the notion that both geometric and organic principles applied. There was a strict sense of order and shape in the way that each individual structure was set, but zoom out, and there appeared a reservoir of organic and free form bodies. 

From this sketch, I worked to build my first prototype. In this structure, there are two seats, combined at a back rest to form a space rather than a single chair. Like my sketch, the individual structures were to be meticulously put together with the space as a whole to be organic. 



No comments:

Post a Comment