Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Season's Greetings!

Over Thanksgiving break, in addition to eating delicious food and working on KU design related projects, I designed the 2012 Whiteman Christmas card! Tad Carpenter always talks about passion projects and working on your own designs for the pure enjoyment of it. This weekend, with the holidays now right around the corner, was a great opportunity to put what I've learned so far this semester to the test.

The main idea of the "card" is an infographic that sums up all that my family did this year. Quick, interesting facts with icons, that was the goal. While the artwork is very vectorized, the colors and typeface (Martha Stewart's Archer) was meant to warm it up. Because the "card" is two separate pieces of paper, I utilized the wreath as well as the red banner/ribbon to connect the two together.

For those of you who follow my blog and receive the annual Whiteman Christmas card, I'm sorry I'm revealing it prior to getting it in the mail. And to those of you not on our list, if you like what you're seeing, let me know if you'd like one sent to you! I'd love to spread the holiday joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment