Monday, March 26, 2012

Birds of a Feather...

"Giving colorful wings to creative things"....I really like that saying Crayola. So alas fellow blog readers, this is my inspiration for my wooden vessel.

With a spark, I decided to turn to yet another blank page (or pages) in the good ole sketchbook and visualize my wandering thoughts:



I really liked the idea of a nest. There's a lot of symbolism behind a bird's house, little tiny winged creatures hatch from their shells and spend their childhood in this nest. And when they are old enough, they learn to fly and eventually leave the nest. And just like those little baby birds, going off to college, I have taken my first flight from my "nest".

With a concept in mind, I begun to do some research on these feathery comrades of mine:


No comments:

Post a Comment