Tuesday, January 3, 2012

More Progress with the Bridge

After working on this a couple days, my methods are finally coming back. Yes, there are quite a few things that still need work in the background, but now that I've got a solid coating on the entire surface of the three canvases, I can now focus in to its weaknesses.

Note to any new comers seeking to paint with oils: They can and WILL get everywhere. After declaring my progress finished yesterday, I had it all over my clothes (good thing I wore my 'yes Katie, you can stain these' painting clothes). And by the time I washed my brushes out, I had it in my armpit, tangled in my hair, and across my nose. So I guess you could say I became a part of the painting today, I wonder if Monet ever ran into that problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment